A few years ago, as our neighbours pulled into their driveway, they noticed a strange haze through the windows of their home. As soon as they opened the door, they quickly realized it was smoke. Luckily, the fire department was able to swiftly solve the problem before the house became fully engulfed. The problem? Clogged lint in their dryer had become perilously close to starting a fire.
You may remember to clean the lint trap on a frequent basis, but do you remember to clean out the dryer vent? Many forget that this ‘appliance chimney’ can also become clogged. Every bend in your vent hose, is a place for lint to gather, and block the air flow. Not only is this a fire hazard, it can also affect the efficiency of your dryer.
Clean the lint trap after every load. Each year, remove the vent hose to remove the excess lint. Not sure how to do it? There are several internet sites that will guide you step by step. So along with all the other home fall tasks, for your family’s safety, ensure you add this to your list.
Is this already a part of your yearly routine?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Join the LooHoo Community
Sign Up Now to be entered in our monthly giveaway "Win One, Give One" LooHoo 3-Pack. Plus, be the first to learn about new products, sales and giveaways.